Friday, September 26, 2008

My New Love For WATER







Just finished my FIRST week with no SODA! I know this means nothing to some of you who may think I'll never stop. I admit I really (LOVED) my daily swig of Diet Dr Pepper. This time I am really doing it! I have known for years how bad soda is with all the chemical flavoring and sugars. Diet soda is even worse with added chemical and ASPARTAME- it will slowly kill ya! So this week I have tried different ways to flavor water. Try it out it's sooo refreshing. Just add one of these to a nice cold glass of water. Mint leaves, lemons slices, cucumbers slices, and frozen berries but I'm sure their is more to be creative with . Wont say I'll never drink it again, but defiantly don't have that afternoon craving for it.

5 comments:

Emichan said...

That's awesome Shelley! Brian and I gave up soda a few years ago and don't regret it one bit. We'll have a little once in a blue moon (I can only stand Sprite Zero now and I used to love Diet Coke) if we're at a special dinner or something, but other than that we don't even crave it. It saves a bit of money, too! =)

Natalie said...

Shelly I hope this new love is contagious and Meegs quits her addiction too :). I am very proud of you my dear! yay for water!

us three said...

you crazy! i too have a diet dr. p every afternoon. its so tasty and i only have ONE. :)

The Chatterton Family said...

FYI- I've been off soda for about a month now! Well I do have a glass every now and then if I'm eating out. But no longer every day! But good for you shells!

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

good for you shells! I remember when i went off of DR. pepper. It was pretty hard. I actually can't really stand to drink it any more.