Saturday, April 5, 2008

Secret Addiction


Okay... I finally am admitting I have a problem. I love cool whip, more then anyone should! Cool whip can at all times be found in my freezer or fridge. I love it! Just 25 calories in 2 spoonfuls of cool whip light. It's the perfect fix when your having those sugar cravings. Yummy with just a couple dollops on hot chocolate, pudding, berries, smoothies etc... you get it. Although lately I have realized and admit I eat way too much of it. I'm starting to think too much is a bad thing and contributing to my inability to achieve my 6 pack.
Just out of curiosity looked more into the ingredients. I was surprised that their is a high count of fructose corn syrup (FAT), coconut oil (FAT) also found in my suntan lotion, and ethylene oxide (found in anti-freeze)but don't let all that scare you it's all in how your body metabolizes it. With a little more research on the stuff I found a guy who wanted to teach his daughter the difference between real food and fake food so he made real whipping cream (Heavy whipping cream, vanilla, sugar) and compared it to cool whip. He set it out and in minutes the REAL whipping cream started to liquefy. He continued to leave out the cool whip and documented it for 12 days. After 12 days of being out on the counter it never melted or became runny in fact it got hard! I cant promise never eating it again because it is so good. Lets say I'll limit my consumption and I just wont buy it anymore.

check out these two sites
http://jonathanfields.com/blog/horrifying-12-day-cool-whip-experiment/
http://www.pbs.org/kcet/wiredscience/video/102-cool_whip.html

0 comments: