Sunday, May 11, 2008

Going Green



No more Diet Doctor Pepper! I had my last today. Enjoyed every lost drop.....

Instead I'm going green!



I'm back to being healthy again... Saw this a while back on Martha Stewart's show. It really is delicious and you are sure to get your 5 A Day fruits and vegetables. Best to keep extra in a mason jar to help keep air out and preserve the good enzymes in. Martha used this wonderful Brivel juicer. That you could put whole fruits and vegetables in and it completely liquefies it. I told myself if I can keep away from the soda all the money I save I'll buy the Brivel!


Makes 15 ounces
1 cup packed spinach leaves
1/2 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves
1 rib celery
1/2 cucumber
1/2 ripe pear
1/2 green apple
1/4 ripe papaya, seeds removed
1 piece (1 inch) ginger

I just blend it all with a little water and ice. It makes a great smoothie.

5 comments:

JJ said...

Get out! That recipe sounds a whole lot like this "diet" my mom went on in the 70's, it was called the "Green Drink" and was ghastly. Good luck!

The Chatterton Family said...

oh yeah right! we will see how long this last!

Nissa said...

yah, sooo really shells bells. Good for you that soda is bad, bad stuff. You need to right ads for going green, humm think about it.

miss ya

Nissa said...

RIGHT....or WRITE whoops call me have some news

Anonymous said...

I can't believe this would really taste good. I'm a big fan of the yogurt fruit juice smoothies you and Cassie told me about. I hope you are doing well. I am coming out to Utah the end of June and will be there for over a month. We'll have to get together.