Friday, June 6, 2008

Grandma Fran


Coming back from my trip I had the longest layover in Denver. Were talking 5 hours. I kept busy reading and talking on the phone. I had one more hour to go. That's when this man who was pushing a wheel chair stoped right in front of me. He told the women he was pushing "I'm going to park you right in front of this nice young women" I looked up and there was this nice looking elderly lady. I felt pretty drawn in the moment and could not look away. That women really reminded me of someone. All within 30 sec it came to me when she spoke in that sweet spunky voice. It was Grandma Fran! I could not believe it. I got this huge smile on my face and said Grandma this is our luck day! What are the chances us both having a layover in Denver and flying on the same flight to SLC. She was coming in from Chicago where her sister lives. Her sister had a park bench detacated to her that weekend in one on the parks she took care of in the city.It was so great to catch up with her. She looks great in her 85Th year. I love talking with Grandma Fran. She is a realist who belives in doing what is right for you. Full of great advice and I am so happy she married Grandpa Stan. They really were a great team. She loves sharing stories of Grandpa and their trip around the world.

4 comments:

JJ said...

Wow! What a fabulous experience! I am so glad that you had such wonderful time with Grandma Fran! I miss chatting with you, I hope you are well!

{jen} iCandyhandmade said...

whats up???? Found your blog from Facebook!
jen (riggs) schumann

The Jensen Family said...

So fun to be back in touch! Let me know when you are headed to Vegas!!

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

what a treat:) How is the house? I think that you should stay with matt and i when we get back for a little bit longer. I decided that it stinks that we never get to hang out with the stevenson family.