Sunday, July 6, 2008

The quilt


My parents were in town for Adelaide's baby blessing. One thing my mom wanted to do was have me pick out fabric for a quilt she wants to make me. My mom is making one for all her daughters. My great grandmother taught my mom to sew at a early age. She is very good and wished I had her talent. While were were at the fabric store, picking out 6 different fabrics and was the most stressful thing for me. It's not like I can just return it the next day, like I do everything else when I have buyers remorse. After 2 hours of picking out the perfect fabric, I am so excited and can't wait to see the finished product. Thanks Mom!

6 comments:

Jill said...

Great choices! That should be a beautiful quilt! I know what you mean about the stress of picking fabrics!

The Chatterton Family said...

I hear ya, I must have been at the fabric store for 2 plus hours with mom. Dad was going crazy!

JJ said...

Shells, I am so in love with all the fabric you picked! PLEASE post a picture when your mom is done! I can not wait to see it completed!

The Jensen Family said...

My mom made all of us kid an afgan. Is sooo nice to have something like that from your mom!!

Natalie said...

Wow Shelly, I think you picked out the most adorable fabric! I can't wait to see how it turns out.

Matt and Jessica Stevenson said...

Those fabrics are so cute. um, do you think your mom would make a quilt for me? I am her daughter in law:)