Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Lombard Street



Okay, I know some of you read Cassie's blog so I have to write about this too. I love San Francisco it's one of my favorite cites. It's always fun to take people who haven't been down Lombard Street just for the Experience. If you haven been yet, It's known as the crookedest street in the world with all it's sharp switchbacks. Well before you can enjoy the thrill of going down the hill, you have to go up it! I've driven up this hill plenty of times and it's always a little scary but no big deal. This time it was supper busy. Traffic was very slow. It was basically grid lock going up. Now I know I was in an AUTOMATIC, but let's just remember it was brand new, and a lot heavier then the average car. As we start to inch our way up this 45 degree incline, I started to get a little panicked. I hated that feeling of rolling back ( I know it is an AUTOMATIC) I just didn't want it to roll an inch so I would gun it on the gas, then slam on the brakes. Lets just say Cassie was entertained It was until half way up I froze and was about to jump out, abandon the car, and let Cas drive as I walk up on foot. Finally got the courage after a minute of not moving and cars behind were waiting for us to keep moving up. This was too funny not to capture this on film, if only it was video taped !


There it is the big hill!


Notice the distance between us and the other car.




Think I was looking for a escape.



Right before I got the courage to floor it on the gas.

0 comments: