Monday, October 20, 2008

Notorious Suicide Destination













































http://www.thebridge-themovie.com/new/index.html


After hearing a nurse who works at the emergency room in San Fransisco talk about jumpers and the documentary made about it. I was intrigued, so were Rob and Megan. Rob rented the movie The Bridge and ever since seeing it, I've wanted to go to it. Not that I would ever do THIS kind of bridge jumping, are you kidding me not with all those great whites in the freezing water! It's just that suicide the complete end to ones life, is fascinating to me why people choose the Golden Gate Bridge. The move is very interesting. It's eerie and there is some disturbing footage, but amazing how this who documentary unfolded. About every 15 days there is a jumper on average. In the film it caught about 2 a month. This day there were none. I gave friendly smiles to those that were walking out to the bridge alone and looked like they were complentationg life ( and looked like a potential jumper). I love bridges and this is one of my favorites, wanted to try my new camera out!






















3 comments:

The Chatterton Family said...

Love the pictures! Glad to see you and Cassie made it down safely.

Emichan said...

Those are great pics of the bridge! I never knew the sad story of it being such a frequent final destination. It was great seeing you when you were here, even if it was only for a short while. =)

Millicent said...

Beautiful pictures of you and Cass!!! You are both stunning!